Bratislava, Slovakia, July 2015 – Egypt edged Montenegro in the Final match of Group 3 here on Sunday, to clinch a ticket for Group 2 next year. The third place was sealed by host Slovakia: they beat China only after an exhausting 5-set match.
Team of Egypt celebrate a successful come-back to FIVB World League after 5 years of absence. The African team won Group 3 Finals in Bratislava, where they beat rookie Montenegro in dramatic final match in the Slovakian capital city 2-3 (20-25, 25-21, 23-25, 25-23, 9-15). Egypt lost only one game in this season of World League and has been awarded with next season registration to Group 2.
Group 3 final standings
1st place: Egypt
2nd place: Montenegro
3rd place: Slovakia
4th place: China
5th place: Spain, Greece, Turkey
8th place: Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico
10th place: Mexico, Tunisia, Venezuela
• China played four matches against CEV sides in this year's World League Intercontinental rounds. All four matches went to five sets in which China prevailed. They canceled their record here in Bratislava by losing both matches with CEV contenders.
• Montenegro became the second country winning their first five matches of the World League. Cuba set a streak of 13 consecutive wins from the start in their first participation in 1991.
• After losing their 2015 World League opening to Spain (3-2), Egypt have won all the remaining seven matches.
• Vojin Cacic was the best scorer of 2015 World League Group 3. Getting to the final helped Montenegro’s captain to score a 126 point overall, with a 110-record on spike. Egypt’s Basdawy Mohamed Moneim is just behind him with 109 points scored.
• Both Egypt and Montenegro were not playing the last 5 seasons of the World League. Egypt did not participate, while Montenegro was debuting this year.