Kickoff is at 17h00 South African time.
The South African held their one and only training session at the match venue, the magnificent and imposing Estadio de Bata on Saturday, 17 October.
“We have done everything we can to prepare the team and you saw how lively the looked at training – if they can repeat at the match what they did at the final training session then we are on our way to victory. We are also happy that everything went according to plan, travelling to Bata smoothly and the hotel being what we expected. So we are happy with off the field matters so let’s just go and do it.”
The first leg ended in a goalless draw at the Makhulong Stadium in Tembisa two weeks ago (Saturday, 3 October), which means a winner must emerge at the end of the second leg.
According to FIFA rules:
• In the knockout format, both teams shall play one home and one away match each, the sequence of which shall be determined by lots drawn by the FIFA Organising Committee
• The team having scored most goals over the two games shall qualify for the next round
• If both teams score the same number of goals over the two matches, the goals scored away shall be counted as double
• If the number of away goals is also equal or both matches end without any goals being scored, extra time of two periods of 15 minutes each shall be played at the end of the second leg - the extra-time period is an integral part of the second-leg match
• Thus, if no goals are scored in extra time, penalty kicks shall be taken to determine the winner, in accordance with the procedure described in the Laws of the Game
• If both teams score the same number of goals in the extra-time period, the visiting team is declared winner on the basis of away goals counting double
Referee: Bolokang Julia LEKGOWE BOTSWANA
Ass. Ref 1: Yvonne LETOTA BOTSWANA
Ass. Ref 2: Tshepiso RAMOTHOGOBENG BOTSWANA
4th Official: Katlholo Pearl MOREMI BOTSWANA
Match Commissioner: Edzona Latre-Kayi LAWSON-HOGBAN TOGO
NB: The Banyana Banyana squad is expected to land at the OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg on Monday, 19 October at 06h00