The tournament will be hosted in South Africa for the first time and runs from 15 – 24 April.
Popularly know as JP, Pinto says South Africa has the potential to qualify for their first ever FIFA Futsal World Cup, which will be held in Colombia from 14 September – 2 October 2016.
“The squad which we have trimmed down comprises of players with a lot of experience. Many of the players have been playing Futsal and 5-a-side football for almost 10 years, and the talent they have is just unbelievable,” said JP.
Among the players making the grade in the 26-man squad is Mark Haskins, former Jomo Cosmos player - and the South African Futsal National team will look to players such as him to motivate the squad to success.
JP is scheduled to host another training camp shortly to work on the tactical and technical aspects of his game.
The selected 26-man SA Futsal squad:
1. Nwashokwe Gift Mashaba Free State
2. Justice Moshela Limpopo
3. Ernest Mahlaba Mpumalanga
4. Mpho Mkhwanazi Gauteng
5. Kyle Koert Gauteng
6. Jabulani Mnisi Gauteng
7. Ponalo Motshabi Gauteng
8. Sibusiso Makhoba Gauteng
9. Mark Haskins Gauteng
10. Simanga Tshabalala Gauteng
11. Rafique Hassim Gauteng
12. Teboho Mofolo Gauteng
13. Sibusiso Tshabalala Gauteng
14. Trevino Pillay KwaZulu Natal
15. Renaldo Donnelly KwaZulu Natal
16. Donovan Gordan KwaZulu Natal
17. Wiseman Cele KwaZulu Natal
18. Demaine Ho Ghong KwaZulu Natal
20. Radlin Sanssoucie KwaZulu Natal
21. Taheer Syed KwaZulu Natal
22. Simphiwe Mgedezi KwaZulu Natal
23. Sedwyn George KwaZulu Natal
24. Byron Cottle Western Cape
25. Pedro Marques Western Cape
26. Yusuf White Western Cape