- Each team will be allowed to enter two athletes in each event.
- No athlete shall be allowed to double in the 3000m and 5000m.
- Only one athlete from any one country may compete in each individual event.
- Individual events:
- Teams: Points achieved by men and women will be combined and the overall winner of the IAAF Continental Cup will be the team with the most combined points.
- Total of US $2,900,000 will be paid by the IAAF*
Individual events (36) – $2,628,000:
Relays (4) – $272,000:
- In the event that an athlete breaks a world record during the IAAF Continental Cup, the prize of
US $50,000 will be awarded.
*subject to anti-doping controls