The postseason begins on Wednesday, Oct. 25 and Thursday, Oct. 26 with four single-elimination, intraconference Knockout Round matches. UniMás will air all four matches nationally in Spanish language, while ESPN2 and FS1 will each air a Knockout Round match in English. TSN and TVA Sports will provide coverage of all four Knockout Round matches nationally in Canada.
Regional English-language broadcast information for the Wednesday Knockout Round matches will be confirmed by individual clubs.
On Thursday, Oct. 26, expansion side Atlanta United, the Eastern Conference No. 4 seed, will host No. 5 Columbus Crew SC (UniMás, ESPN2, TSN4, TVA Sports, 7 p.m. ET) followed by the Western Conference’s No. 4 Houston Dynamo welcoming the fifth-seeded Sporting Kansas City (UniMás, FS1, TSN4, TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m. ET).
After enjoying a bye in the Knockout Round, Toronto FC await the lowest-seeded team from the East that advances, while second-seeded New York City FC will face the highest-seeded Eastern Conference team that advances.
Likewise, in the West, the top-seeded Portland Timbers will face the lowest-seeded Western Conference team that advances, while No. 2 Seattle Sounders FC will be matched against the highest-seeded Western Conference team that advances.
The national broadcast schedule for the Conference Semifinal series matches will be announced following the four mid-week Knockout Round matches.
Audi 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule
*Subject to change. Canadian and international broadcast information to be announced at a later date.
(Conference third seed vs. sixth seed, and fourth seed vs. fifth seed in a single-game elimination match)
Wednesday, Oct. 25
- No. 3 Chicago Fire vs. No. 6 New York Red Bulls (UniMás, FS1, TSN3/5, TVA Sports, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- No. 3 Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. No. 6 San Jose Earthquakes (UniMás, TSN Network, TVA Sports 2, 10:30 p.m. ET)
Thursday, Oct. 26
- No. 4 Atlanta United vs. No. 5 Columbus Crew SC (UniMás, ESPN2, TSN4, TVA Sports, 7 p.m. ET)
- No. 4 Houston Dynamo vs. No. 5 Sporting Kansas City (UniMás, TSN4, TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m. ET)
(Two-game series, aggregate-goal format between conference top seed vs. lowest advancing seed from Knockout Round and conference second seed vs. highest seed from Knockout Round)
Eastern Conference Semifinal Series
Eastern Conference Semifinal Leg 1 (2 games)
- Monday, Oct. 30 Time TBD (FS1)
- Tuesday, Oct. 31 Time TBD (ESPN)
Eastern Conference Semifinal Leg 2 (2 games)
- Sunday, Nov. 5 Toronto FC vs. TBD, Time TBD (ESPN or FS1)
- Sunday, Nov. 5 New York City FC vs. TBD, Time TBD (ESPN or FS1)
Western Conference Semifinal Series
Western Conference Semifinal Leg 1 (2 games)
- Sunday, Oct. 29 Time TBD (ESPN)
- Tuesday, Oct. 31 Time TBD (FS1)
Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2 (2 games)
- Thursday, Nov. 2 Seattle Sounders FC vs. TBD, Time TBD (ESPN or FS1)
- Sunday, Nov. 5 Portland Timbers vs. TBD, Time TBD (ESPN or FS1)
(Two-game series, aggregate-goal format)
Eastern Conference Championship Series
Eastern Conference Championship Leg 1 (1 game)
- Tuesday, Nov. 21 8 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Eastern Conference Semifinal Leg 2 (1 game)
- Nov. 28 or 29 Time TBD (FS1)
Western Conference Championship Series
Western Conference Championship Leg 1 (1 game)
- Tuesday, Nov. 21 10 p.m. ET (FS1)
Western Conference Championship Leg 2 (1 game)
- Thursday, Nov. 30 10 p.m. (ESPN)
2017 MLS Cup
(Hosted at the home venue of the finalist with the best regular season record)
Saturday, Dec. 9 4 p.m. ET (ESPN, UniMás, TSN, TVA Sports, 4 p.m. ET)