Unlike previous editions of this conference – and the youth and junior conferences – which were held the day after the championships conclude, this year’s event is taking place during the IAAF World Championships London 2017 on the mornings when there are no competition sessions.
The invited key speakers are individuals who have made a difference in the field of coaching throughout the years and who are active in the development of top athletes and education of other coaches.
Topics set to be covered include:
- Physiological and metabolic background of endurance/strength/speed training
- Practical consequences for science-based endurance/strength/speed training
- Best practise of endurance/strength/speed/brain training
- Coaching world-class athletes
- The brain as a performance-limiting factor
Question-and-answer sessions will be held with a range of speakers, including:
- Loren Seagrave, coach to two-time Olympic 400m hurdles champion Angelo Taylor.
- Prof Dr Ulrich Hartmann, lecturer at Leipzig University.
- Shaun Pickering, an Olympian who served as head of heavy throws in the UK for three years.
- Neil Dallaway, a doctoral researcher investigating the role of the brain on endurance exercise.