As part of this process, the IOC today announced that Anna Chicherova has been disqualified from the Olympic Games Beijing 2008. The details follow.
The IOC Disciplinary Commission, composed for this case of Denis Oswald (Chairman), Gunilla Lindberg and Uğur Erdener, decided the following:
- The Athlete, Anna CHICHEROVA:
- is found to have committed an anti-doping rule violation pursuant to the IOC Anti-Doping Rules applicable to the Games of the XXIX Olympiad in Beijing in 2008,
- is disqualified from the women’s high jump event in which she placed third upon the occasion of the Olympic Games Beijing 2008.
- has the bronze medal, the diploma, and the medallist pin obtained in the women’s high jump event withdrawn and is ordered to return these.
- The IAAF is requested to modify the results of the above-mentioned event accordingly and to consider any further action within its own competence.
- The Russian Olympic Committee shall ensure full implementation of this decision.
- The Russian Olympic Committee shall in particular secure the return to the IOC, as soon as possible, of the medal, the medallist pin and the diploma awarded in connection with the women’s high jump event to the Athlete.
- This decision enters into force immediately.
The additional analyses on samples collected during the Olympic Games Beijing 2008 and London 2012 were performed with improved analytical methods, in order to possibly detect prohibited substances that could not be identified by the analysis performed at the time of these editions of the Olympic Games.