Horacio Muratore, who succeeds Yvan Mainini in becoming the new President of FIBA, was elected by acclamation.
- Anibal Manave (MOZ) and Clotaire Celestine Adjanohoun (BEN) of FIBA Africa
- Jim Tooley (USA), Michelle O'Keefe (CAN) and Marcelo Bedoya (PAR) of FIBA Americas
- Tian Xiao (CHN) of FIBA Asia
- Jose Luis-Saez (ESP), Cyriel Coomans (BEL), Lena Wallin-Kantzy (SWE) and Jean-Pierre Siutat (FRA) of FIBA Europe
- Scott Derwin (AUS) and Deborah K Shoniber (MIS) of FIBA Oceania
They join the presidents of FIBA's five continental zone: Hamane Niang (MLI) of Africa, Usie Richards (USV) of the Americas, Sheikh Saud Bin Ali Al-Thani (QAT) of Asia, Turgay Demirel (TUR) of Europe and Burton Shipley (NZL) of Oceania.
Ingo Weiss will take over as FIBA Treasurer from the outgoing Manfred Stroher, who retires after more than 40 years of loyal service to FIBA.
The newly-appointed Central Board will meet for the first time on Saturday 13 September in Madrid, on the occasion of the final weekend of the FIBA Basketball World Cup.
One of the main items on the agenda will be to appoint the NBA representative and players representative. The Board may also co-opt six additional members.