The President’s reign has seen the construction of the Bukom Boxing Arena where big fights are now being held as well as the production of an International Boxing Organisation (IBO) titlist in Emmanuel Tagoe and three World Boxing Council (WBC) Silver titles held by Fred Lawson, Richard Commey and Duke Micah.
Ghana Boxing is rising steadily and a second term for Zwennes would be ideal for the nation.
According to Naa Darkua Dodoo, the GBA has come out with guidelines towards the Elections.
GUIDELINES FOR ELECTION OF THE GBA OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE BOARD
1. The date for the election shall be 31st May, 2017 and it shall be held at the Media Centre of the Accra Sports Stadium.
2. Nominations for elections shall open from 24th April, 2017 to 5th May, 2017 between 9am to 5pm each day.
3. Only Members in Good Standing can contest and/or vote in the GBA Elections.
A Member in Good Standing is one who has duly paid for and been issued with a current License.
4. Nomination Forms will be available for purchase at GHc 20.00 each at the GBA Secretariat located at the Accra Sports Stadium.
5. Candidates vying for positions shall be required to pay the following as submission fees to be eligible to contest:
i. President - GHc 1,000
ii. 1st Vice President - GHc 700
iii. 2nd Vice President - GHc 500
iv. Treasurer - GHc 400
v. Executive Board Member - GHc 200
6.Nominations shall be in respect of the following positions in accordance with Article 4 of the GBA Constitution:
ii. 1st Vice President
iii. 2nd Vice President
v. 4 other Executive Board Members elected by Congress.
7. A Candidate shall be nominated by a Member in Good Standing. Completed nomination forms shall be submitted in triplicates
8. A Candidate in good standing shall be seconded by two
(2) Members in Good Standing from the duly recognized associations in the boxing fraternity.
By Sammy Heywood Okine