- Spotlight: Your Dreams” campaign will see FIFA collaborate with eight artists around the world during the FIFA World Cup™ Trophy Tour
- FIFA will work with these local creators, and social media sensation Noah Beck, to inspire people to create pieces of art featuring the FIFA World Cup™ Trophy before the tournament begins
- Fans can submit their creations to Instagram or Twitter by using the #FIFADreamContest hashtag before the top 16 chosen by judges enter a FIFA World Cup™ inspired bracket competition
- The winner of the contest will win a trip to the FIFA World Cup 2022™ in Qatar, with further prizes up for grabs throughout
FIFA will curate a contest of the best content from fans worldwide, igniting a creative fire that will rally fans behind their country, inspire people to imagine a trophy of their own and encourage everyone to spotlight their dreams.
The selected artists will act as inspiration and engagement through art and story by driving sign-ups to the #FIFADreamContest in each country. The local creators are eight artistic talents from Argentina, Australia, Canada, Germany, Mexico, the United States and Qatar, namely:
- Lu Sedova (Argentina) –an up-and-coming artist and social explorer who features football, and particularly references to Diego Maradona, in her canvas art.
- Matt Adnate (Australia) –a spray and acrylic artist heavily influenced by indigenous Australian communities with recognised murals across Australia.
- Victor Mosquera (Canada) –a prominent digital illustrator and football fan with a psychedelic style who has worked with musicians and film directors.
- Josephine Henning (Germany) –a former international football player who remains involved with the sport as a pundit. Her acrylic and canvas art is a perfect example of the crossover between football and art.
- Farid Rueda (Mexico) –a renowned muralist with a loyal global following, whose graffiti art features strong references to Mexican culture.
- Ashley Dreyfus (United States) – a vibrant and colourful mixed media artist and muralist based in Los Angeles with a goal to evoke joy and curiosity with art.
- Gabe Gault (United States) - a Southern Californian artist with a focus on impressionistic modern paintings dedicated to highlighting individuals working to make a positive difference.
- Jaber Henzab (Qatar) – a promising digital artist who brings interesting art forms to life and highlights iconic FIFA World Cup™ stadiums.
Noah Beck said: “I am super excited to be joined by these talented artists to take part in the biggest global fan art contest of its kind. Every FIFA World Cup™ is about people dreaming, then fulfilling their dreams, so we’d like as many people as possible to get involved in the #FIFADreamContest. Let’s make the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ the time for dreams to really come true and highlight what the beautiful game is all about.”
“Spotlight: Your Dreams” is a truly global campaign that transcends mainstream culture by shining a light on artistic talent from all styles and levels of recognition, from all over the world. The campaign will culminate in a bracket-style competition called the #FIFADreamContest, where the public will vote for their favourite user-submitted piece of fan art from a collection curated by the creative collaborators. The winner of the competition will win a trip to the FIFA World Cup™ in the biggest global fan art contest of its kind.
Fans can enter the #FIFADreamContest by following these steps:
- Create an original piece of art that reflects your FIFA World Cup™ dream
- Make sure your piece includes the trophy
- Remember that it’s about football, art and dreams. Inappropriate or unrelated pieces will be disqualified
- Share your entry on Twitter and/or Instagram with #FIFADreamContest
- Do not include text in your image or video entry
- Make sure you submit your entry by 3 November 2022
As part of the “Spotlight: Your Dreams” campaign, FIFA is working together with leading creators around the world, including social media sensation Noah Beck, to build hype for the FIFA World Cup 2022™ in Qatar. Using the power of art and dreams, the global campaign will unify football fans and non-fans alike.
To find out more about the “Spotlight: Your Dreams” campaign and #FIFADreamContest, please visit FIFA.com/trophytour.