The ICC confirms the hearing date for Faf du Plessis’ appeal will be Monday 19 December. Michael Beloff QC has been appointed Judicial Commissioner to hear the appeal.
Legal counsel for both parties will attend in Dubai, whilst Mr du Plessis will join via telephone.
- ICC Media Release on du Plessis charged for breaching Level 2 of the ICC Code of Conduct can be found here
- ICC Media Release on du Plessis’s hearing to take place in Adelaide on Tuesday afternoon can be found here
- ICC Media Release on du Plessis found guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct can be found here
- ICC Statement on du Plessis Appeal can be found here
- According to Article 18.104.22.168, the Judicial Commissioner has the power to increase or decrease, amend or otherwise substitute a new decision on the appropriateness (or otherwise) of the sanction imposed at first instance, provided that any new sanction is within the permitted range of sanctions
- All level 2 breaches carry an imposition of a fine between 50 per cent to 100 per cent of the applicable match fee and/or up to two suspension points, and three or four demerit points
- According to Article 22.214.171.124, the Judicial Commissioner’s decision shall be final and will be binding on all parties
- To read more about Appeals, please refer to Article 8 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Player and Player Support Personnel