Adoption and use of .basketball names is rapidly occurring in all segments of the basketball family.
- FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 in China: WorldCup.basketball;
- Continental Cups: AfroBasket.basketball, AmeriCup.basketball, AsiaCup.basketball, EuroBasket.basketball;
- Basketball Champions League: ChampionsLeague.basketball;
- 3x3 Basketball: FIBA3x3.basketball.
- National Federations: Canada: Canada.basketball; Lithuania: LTU.basketball; Tunisia: Tunisia.basketball; New Zealand: NZ.basketball; Puerto Rico: Puertorico.basketball; Switzerland: Swiss.basketball;
- International Federation: the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation (IWBF): Wheelchair.basketball;
- Clubs: Australian NBL club New Zealand Breakers: NZBreakers.basketball; Slovenian national champion Olimpija Ljubljana: Olimpija.basketball; and German club MHP RIESEN Ludwigsburg: MHP-Riesen.basketball;
- Basketball Camp: United States' famed Five-Star Basketball Camp program: Fivestar.basketball;
- 3x3 player: FIBA 3x3 star and number one 3x3 player in the world Dusan Bulut: Bulut3x3.basketball.
Dillon Boucher, General Manager of the SKYCITY Breakers, added: "We are excited to be amongst the innovators in claiming our new .basketball digital identity with NZBreakers.basketball. It is an honour to be chosen as a lead in making our brand and our community stronger with a .basketball domain name. Despite an increasingly crowded and noisy internet, .basketball not only makes it very clear who SKYCITY Breakers are, but it also unifies the rest of the global basketball community in one distinct home."
Working with its partner, Roar.basketball, FIBA is making a priority access available to all 213 of its National Federations, their respective members (leagues, clubs, players, etc.) as well as other key stakeholders of the basketball community.