Launched in October 2014, APB is a ground breaking new Pro Boxing competition based on individual rankings that offers elite boxers an unprecedented new career opportunity as well as a new route to qualify for the Olympics, with a total of 20 quota places on offer to APB boxers.
APB is the first and only individual competition in the history of boxing that allows Pro Boxers to compete whilst retaining their Olympic eligibility, with Rio 2016 set to be the first Olympic Games in history with Pro Boxers competing.
The matches of the initial pre-ranking and ranking phases of the competition took place in Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, China, France, Italy, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkey – and provided many epic bouts, as well as often producing surprising results.
- LIGHT FLY 49kg (Foshan, China - 05/02): Zhonglin WU (China) vs Bin LYU (China)
- FLY 52kg (Novosibirsk, Russia - 30/01): Misha ALOIAN (Russia) vs Elias EMIGDIO (Mexico)
- BANTAM 56kg (Paris, France – 19/02): Khedafi Djelkhir (FRA) vs Alberto MELIAN (ARG)
- LIGHT 60kg (Astana, Kazakhstan – 30/01): Berik ABDRAKHMANOV (Kazakhstan) vs Hershid TOJIBAEV (Uzbekistan)
- LIGHT WELTER 64kg (Novosibirsk, Russia – 31/01): Armen ZAKARYAN (Russia) vs Artem HARUTYUNYAN (Germany)
- WELTER 69kg (Baku, Azerbaijan – 24/01): Onur SIPAL (Turkey) vs Rayton OKWIRI (Kenya)
- MIDDLE 75kg (Istanbul, Turkey - 23/01): Adem KILICCI (Turkey) vs Artem CHEBOTAREV (Russia)
- LIGHT HEAVY 81kg (Sofia, Bulgaria – 30/01): Ehsan ROUZBAHANI (Iran) vs Kennedy SAINT PIERRE (Mauritius)
- HEAVY 91kg (Catania, Italy - 30/01): Aleksei EGOROV (RUS) vs Clemente RUSSO (ITA)
- SUPER HEAVY 91+kg (Baku, Azerbaijan – 23/01): Mohammed ARJAOUI (Morocco) vs Erik PFEIFER (Germany)