‘The Balkan League is created to strengthen regional and international cooperation in the field of boxing, to increase promotion and significance of this sport on the world stage, taking into account not only its sports component but also its educational, social and economic significance,’ Mr. Kremlev said.
The Declaration includes a number of steps to be taken in the near future, among them:
• Formation of joint bodies - Supervisory Board and Secretary Department with clear responsibilities
• Creation of the program and logistic conditions for the smooth functioning of the League
• The active participation of each country to provide the necessary support (including institutional support and support of the sports community, media, private sector and others)
• Preparation and implementation of activities aiming to reinforce the educational and pedagogic role of boxing, including additional education and socialization of young athletes
• Preparation of joint projects designed to ensure the development of boxing on the regional level
• Preparation and implementation of educational activities to improve the knowledge and skills of coaches, as well as other subjects in the field of boxing, continuous improvement of their professional qualifications, as well as educational work with young athletes.