This momentous occasion was also attended by the Minister of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr Aristanbek Mukhamediuly, the Vice-president of Kazakhstan Boxing Federation and AIBA Executive Committee Member Mr Serik Konakbayev, the Executive Director of Kazakhstan Boxing Federation Mr Bekzhan Bektenov and honourable guests.
The Grand Opening of the AIBA Boxing Academy coincided with the AIBA Pro Boxers Workshop, taking place for nearly 80 of the best boxers in the world who will all be competing in the upcoming revolutionary Pro Tournament.
The Academy represents a unique educational-training complex, which will become the centre for development of boxing.
Altogether, it is an integrated training institute which embraces all aspects of the development of the sport of boxing, and one which will set global standards for boxing education, development and performance.
The facilities of the academy notably include:
- A hotel which can accommodate up to 160 people
- A meeting room with a 210- seat capacity equipped with modern equipment, and a language translation system
- A meeting room with 150 seats
- Two training classes for 45 and 65 people respectively
- Two training rings
- A competition ring
- A 25-meter lap pool with male and female saunas
- A soccer field meeting international standards
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- A tennis court
- A cafe with 40 seats
- A dining room for 180 persons
- A medical center