This brilliant initiative holds promise for many aspirational footballers across the country. The Betway Talent Search promises to give Ghanaians between the ages of 18 and 25 the chance to play in front of the top football scouts across the country, and the chance for them to be signed to a football club if they prove themselves.
Stephen is excited about the Betway Talent Search and has expressed his hope that a talent, even more skilled than he was, be discovered during the search. He said, “The Betway Talent Search gives me the opportunity to touch base with the many talents whose cheers, support and hope has shaped us. It is now time to inspire them and I look forward to seeing each and every champion that will step up to the challenge at the try-outs,” he added.
Footballers around the country are growing increasingly expectant and excited for the try-outs, particularly those in informal football clubs who have been training regularly for such a fine opportunity.
Marketing Manager for Betway Ghana, Kwabena Oppong Nkrumah, said “the initiative was to inspire fresh, uncut Ghanaian football talent to pursue their dreams of becoming champions. The top sixteen (16) players would be camped, and this will give them an experience of what it means playing at top level football. They would get to understand grit, focus and perseverance both on and off the field.”
The registration for the Betway Talent Search will be on the following dates:
- Registration: 4th – 7th July 2017 at Spice FM Koforidua
- Registration: 11th – Friday 14th July 2017 at Green FM Kumasi
- Registration: 18th – 21st July 2017 at Luv FM & KessBen FM Accra
- Registration: 25th – 28th July 2017 at Asempa FM & Citi FM
- The first 500 entrants to apply for the initial round in each region will be accepted – so those looking to secure their spots should enter as soon as registrations open. Betway will contact the successful entrants, inviting them to the Betway Talent Search itself which will be held on the following days:
- Takoradi – Betway Talent Search: 8th July 2017
- Koforidua – Betway Talent Search: 15th July 2017
- Kumasi – Betway Talent Search: 22nd July 2017
- Accra – Betway Talent Search 29th July 2017
The Betway Group is a leading provider of first-class entertainment across sports betting, casino, bingo and poker. Launched in 2006, the company operates across a number of regulated online markets and holds licenses in the UK, Malta, Italy, Denmark, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Kenya and now Uganda. Based in Malta and Guernsey, with support from London, Isle of Man, Stockholm and Cape Town, the Betway team comprises over 1,000 people.
Betway is experiencing its largest growth in sports betting, with its comprehensive sportsbook product offering customers a wide selection of both pre-game and in-play betting across a broad range of sports. The company has made a strong, targeted investment in both advertising and sports sponsorship.
Betway is the official principal sponsor of Premier League football club West Ham United, the UK Premier League Darts and the UK Snooker Championships.
From Sammy Heywood Okine