Following the meeting, the ROC with the full backing of IOC will undertake the following actions:
1. Mr Zhukov, as ROC President, informed the IOC President that in order to ensure the participation of the clean Russian athletes at the Olympic Games Rio de Janeiro 2016, the ROC will coordinate all efforts in Russia to address the issues mentioned in the Independent Commission Report with a view to make RUSADA, the anti-doping laboratory in Moscow and the National Athletics Federation (ARAF) compliant with the WADA code and all other international anti-doping regulations as soon as possible;
3. The ROC will initiate the renewal and reform of the National Athletics Federation (ARAF). To achieve this:
· All officials, coaches, etc., implicated in doping will be held responsible and sanctioned; · All doped athletes will be sanctioned in accordance with international anti-doping regulations;
· All clean athletes will be protected.
4. Mr Zhukov, on behalf of the ROC, renewed his strong support of the decision taken at the Olympic Summit on 17 October to make the anti-doping system independent from sports organisations and to request that WADA take over this function as soon as possible.
“I welcome the fact that the ROC expressed its firm commitment to protect the clean athletes, and to sanction all the doped athletes and officials,” said President Bach.
“I appreciated very much the openness of the discussion and welcomed the fact that the Russian Olympic Committee will play the leading role. We are confident that the initiatives being proposed by the ROC, with the responsible international organisations, WADA and the IAAF, will ensure compliance as soon as possible in order to provide participation of the clean Russian athletes at the Olympic Games,” he added.
ROC President Zhukov added: “The Russian Olympic Committee is determined that the clean athletes should compete in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Anyone found guilty of using illegal drugs or anyone who facilitated or was complicit in their use must be punished.”